Well, I ran into some ActiveSync issues last night.
Basically, I was working with MicroTorrent, and wanted to see what my Windows Firewall settings were. I had the firewall off, but when Windows realized that I "looked" at the settings it decided to turn on the Firewall. Basically, after turning the Firewall off and several reboots later I finally started syncing again. What’s weird is that the Firewall has the entries to allow ActiveSync.
ErrorCode : 80070008
If you are using a software firewall on your PC, you need to allow ActiveSync to use TCP/IP.
ActiveSync uses the programs WCESCOMM.EXE, WCESMGR.EXE, RAPIMGR.EXE, and CEAPPMGR.EXE.
5678 (Legacy Replication)
5679 (Legacy Replication)
5721 (Desktop Passthrough)
The WM5 ‘Device’ is the DHCP server, thus the device has the IP address of 169.254.2.1 (Default) and the PC obtains the IP address of 169.254.2.2 (Default) [thanks to Brian for the update].
Powered by Qumana